Once upon a time, three backend-developers that where awed by the enjoyment of http://kahoot.it asked theirselves how difficult it would be to create a (suspiciously) similar app using Enonic XP. They wondered if the powers of lib/xp/websockets, a single sprint, their bare hands and meagre front-end skills would be enough to conquer this quest?
Filled with fear of the dreaded beast of the css, but equally encouraged by the apparent mightyness of the spiked club of websocket-lib they left their safe haven of backendtown, and started designing the application flow. And it was beautiful. The pieces clicked together like they had been practicing all their life for this particular task, and the websocket-lib swashed away all the foes of complexity.
After only two days of travel, the beast of css stood before them, the last obstacle before they could be successful. And it was indeed a mighty opponent, but with guidance by the wise masters of frontend and the secret, ancient algorithm of "changing stuff and seeing what happens", they where able to slay the beast and capture the...eh..artifact of xpHoot.
- Updated Spotify custom selector to latest API
- App does not work over HTTPS
- Fixed game PIN not shown in Safari
- Improved handling of WebSocket disconnections
- End current question as soon as all players have submitted an answer
- Show question scores as well as total scores
- CustomSelector for Spotify tracks in game content type
- Added application icon and descriptor
- Updated controller mappings for 6.7
- Initial version
Get 5 days free hosted version of "xpHoot" application for Enonic XP.
To install and run this app, you will need a running instance of Enonic XP. The app can be installed in several ways.
Install from XP
Applications from Enonic Market can be installed directly from the "Applications" app in Enonic XP.
Install with toolbox
The install-app tool installs an application on all nodes. Remember to replace <username> and <password> with your admin login credentials.